Tuesday, August 11, 2009

AAF-Fort Worth Wants to Know: Why do YOU Love Magazines?



In preparation for designing the graphics for our upcoming Magazine Day event, designer Gina McEuen was thinking about the things that make magazines special to her.

In Gina's words, "I love magazines. I love the glossy paper and beautiful people and expensive things that I would never see otherwise. I love the ads and the logos and the samples you get sometimes. I love the smell of ink that stays inside. I love those subscription cards that I can use for bookmarks because I have to stop reading and go to the next thing because I have poor impulse control. I love knowing what other people are doing now and why. I love it when a horoscope is included so I can read something about me. I love it when there is a quiz or crossword. I love the trends, I love the way it makes me think I need to be more…” She had more to say, but asked us to pose this question:

Why do YOU like magazines? What makes magazines special to you?
Please add your comments to this post!

No comments: